As a homeowner, you may be wondering when it is best to use stone tiles rather than bricks. Both have benefits and drawbacks, so deciding the suitable material for your home reno & construction project cannot be easy. It takes a lot of precision & planning to complete a project that seems as trivial as a flooring upgrade – and that too with tiles!
This blog post will outline some occasions where stone tiles are better than bricks. Like any home improvement decision, weighing all the pros and cons before making a final choice is essential.
Titan Restoration and Construction is a leading restoration services provider in Minneapolis and nearby regions. So, consult us if you’re planning to restore your house or have a construction project to complete! Keep reading to learn more!
- Aesthetics: Stone tiles can provide a luxurious and stylish look to any home. They come in numerous patterns, colors, and textures that can create a unique look.
- Durability: Stone tiles are very durable and long-lasting. They can withstand heavy traffic and resist scratches, stains, and fading.
- Easy to clean: Stone tiles are easy to clean and maintain. They do not require special cleaners or treatments; you can easily wipe them with a damp cloth.
- Versatile: Stone tiles can be used in a variety of applications, both indoors and outdoors. Their common usage is for floors, walls, countertops, fireplaces, and patios.
- Affordable: Stone tiles are very affordable and are an excellent option for those on a budget. They can be found at home restoration stores at various price points.
- Can be slippery: Stone tiles can be slippery when wet, posing a safety hazard. Choosing textured tiles is essential to preventing slips and falls.
- Can chip or crack: Stone tiles can chip or crack over time, especially if they are subjected to heavy traffic or impacts. It is crucial to inspect your stone tiles regularly for any damage and to have them repaired promptly if necessary.
- Requires sealing: Stone tiles require periodic sealing to protect them from stains and moisture. Sealing can be time-consuming and expensive, so factoring this into your decision-making process is essential.
- Cannot be DIY installed: Stone tiles cannot be installed by a do-it-yourselfer. It can add to the overall cost of your project.
- Flooring: Stone tiles are a popular choice for flooring. They are durable and easy to clean.
- Walls: They are often used in bathrooms and kitchens as backsplashes or accent walls.
- Outdoor: Outdoor decoration is the widespread use of stone tiles. People use them on patios, walkways, and driveways.
- Commercial: Stone tiles are also popular in commercial settings. They are often used in office buildings, retail stores, and restaurants.
There are a load of factors to consider when choosing between stone tiles and bricks. Ultimately, the final say comes down to personal preference and project needs.
Titan Restoration and Construction is one of the best home improvement & restoration firms in Minneapolis that offers top-notch restoration and general contracting services.